Mrs. Stoop has 30 years of acute care nursing experience including bedside care (Telemetry and ICU), Emergency Department (Adults and Pediatrics), Nursing Supervision, and Education. Her last position in the hospital setting was Sepsis Coordinator where she became proficient in reviewing the EMR (electronic medical record) for pertinent data to be compiled and presented to hospital and division leaders. She has been involved in policy and procedure development along with implementation of new protocols to improve the quality of patient care.
Mrs. Stoop joined Adams | Coogler in 2016 as a Nurse Paralegal. Her duties include reviewing and summarizing medical records in search of information related to the case at hand, research for certain medical conditions, and obtaining and communicating with medical experts.
- Dallas County High School, High School Diploma, 1985
- George Wallace Community College, Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), 1986
- Troy State University, Associate’s Degree in Nursing (AND/RN), 1989
- Western Governors University, Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN), 2015
- Western Governors University, Master’s Degree in Nursing (MSN), 2016
Mrs. Stoop came to south Florida in 1992 while on a nursing travel assignment. She had previous assignments in Texas, Illinois, and Alabama. Here she met her husband and decided to make Florida her home. She has been married for 24 years and has 2 daughters, ages 22 and 23, both starting their careers.